For Smoother, softer and cleaner skin.
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is an exfoliating treatment that involves gently scraping the surface of your skin to remove dead skin and facial hair.
What are the benefits of Dermaplaning?
- Removal of dead skin cells leading to cleaner skin.
- Removal of peach fuzz/vellus hair.
- Better absorption of skincare products making them more effective.
- Smoother skin.
- Slightly brighter-looking skin.
- Safe and not permanent.
Price from: £60
How it works
Dermaplaning uses a surgical blade to perform a deep exfoliation scraping off the build-up of dirt and oils in and around the skin and vellus hair. The vellus hair is completely removed during the process leaving skin ultra-smooth, creating the perfect base for make-up application and improving the absorption of skincare products.
During treatment the skin will be cleansed and degreased using an oil-free toner. The treatment is methodically carried out working the whole face one area at a time. After the treatment is complete we will apply a moisturiser to your skin. When dermaplaning is combined with an Elemis Facial the results of the facial is amplified!
Dermaplaning is completely pain-free and no downtime is required. Skin may be a little pink immediately after treatment due to being stretched but this normally subsides within an hour or so.
Peach fuzz/vellus hairs do not come back thicker and stronger. It will grow back at exactly the same rate, thickness and texture as before
- Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating creams 2-3 days prior to your treatment.
- Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams/sprays on your face for one week before treatment.
- You must not have had laser surgery or used Accutane ( also known as isotretinoin, a medication to treat acne) for 6 months prior to treatment.
- Wait 2 weeks before treatment following chemical peel, dermal filler, or anti-wrinkle procedures.
- Avoid treatment if you have an active cold sore.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 3 days or apply a minimum of SPF30 sun cream/lotion reapplying regularly. Be careful of sun exposure, wearing sunscreen daily, for two weeks.
- Avoid excessive heat such as heavy workouts, saunas or steam rooms for 3 days post treatment.
- Avoid applying products that contain alfa or beta hydroxyl acids, retinols, Retin-A or any products that abrades/scrubs the skin for at least 72 hrs post treatment.
- Avoid submerging the treated area in a chlorinated pool or hot tub for 4 days following treatment.
Price from: £60